This is a great article. Part of it is recreated below. Read more to learn what to do and what it can cause.
Sources of EMF Radiation In Cars
- The Battery – Most car batteries are a form of DC power, and do not typically emit EMF Radiation consistent with AC power. However, they often will emit a powerful temporary field of DC voltage when changing currents, such as when the vehicle first starts. People that are especially EMF sensitive (suffer from EHS) are likely to respond to this.
- Vehicle Relay Switches – Many operations in the vehicle will cause these relay switches to fire, such as pressing the break, turning on the hazard lights, flipping a turn signal, etc. These relay switches create magnetic field radiation.
- Vehicle Computer Systems – These should be self explanatory. Any type of computer system will emit a large amount of EMF radiation. Both the on board computer that controls the media system, as well as engine compartment computers will emit radiation.
- Electric Engines – Most vehicles have small electric engines that control things like windows and wiper blades that will emit a small amount of radiation.
- Alternator – The vehicle alternator is one of the largest sources of EMF radiation. Most commonly found in the far side of the engine compartment, the alternator creates dirty electricity and EMF radiation as it alters the electrical waves to fit the needs of the vehicle.
- Key-less Entry Systems and Start Systems – Many new vehicles now no longer require a key, but instead rely on radio waves from the remote control key, and a push button to start the vehicle. These more advanced systems utilize both radio waves, and Bluetooth radiation to control these systems, both of which emit EMF radiation.
- On Board Wifi – Wifi creates an enormous amount of radiation (read more about that here). Many vehicles are now coming equipped with Wifi routers built in so that families can be connected without having to rely on cell towers. This is EXTREMELY harmful as it produces an enormous amount of harmful radiation in very close proximity.
- Alarm Systems – Also utilizing radio waves, these alarm systems produce EMF radiation.