News from Massachusettes for Safe Technology:
The Massachusetts EMF bills…
Thank you to everyone who wrote bills, sent in testimony, called in support, or simply sent good energy our way — it is working and we just cleared several hurdles!
Joint Committee on Consumer Protection
- Reported out favorably: Senator Julian Cyr’s S. 129 to form a commission to investigate the health and economic impact of wireless radiation.
Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy
- Reported out favorably: Senator Michael Moore’s S. 1988 right-to-choose non-radiation-emitting utility meters.
Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies
- Filed a May 4 extension for H. 383 so they have time to investigate. We presented the facts on 5G and have their attention.
- We suspect the remaining bills have been sent to study, which means they could be revisited until July 31st, or not.
- I will post updates as they are confirmed at Understanding EMFs.
What Happens Next?
Advancing bills will need to go to the House and Senate for approval, then to the Governor’s desk to be enacted before the end of the year.
We await the Senate Clerk’s assignment to the next committee and will be in touch with quick action items once we know more.