The growing awareness of the health impact of the 4G/5G densification is resulting in action by policymakers worldwide. Cities are issuing resolutions and calls for research before deployment. There are citizen organizations in almost every country working on this and a growing list of public officials speaking out.
For example, in the United States the state of New Hampshire has a 5G Bill HB 522 that asks, “Why have 1,000s of peer-reviewed studies, including the recently published U.S. Toxicology Program 16-year $30 million study, that are showing a wide-range of statistically significant DNA damage, brain and heart tumors, infertility, and so many other ailments, being ignored by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)?” and, “Why have more than 220 of the worlds leading scientists signed an appeal to the WHO and the United Nations to protect public health from wireless radiation and nothing has been done?”
EHT is compiling a list of actions. This is NOT a complete list. Please email EHT at firstname.lastname@example.org let us know actions we need to add. Note that US City actions are detailed on the EHT page on City 4G/5G policy.
- Switzerland, canton of Vaud, Swiss canton blocks 5G mobile rollout, le News Switzerland, 11/04/2019
- Florence, Italy, Florence will use the precautionary principle for the rollout of 5G, Lennart Hardell’s Blog, 08/04/2019
- XII Municipality of Roma Capital, Italy, A Municipality of Rome votes against 5G: what will the Giunta do?, Terra Nuova, 28/03/2019
- Brussels, Belgium, Radiation concerns halt Brussels 5G development, for now, HLN Brussels Times, 01/04/2019
- Actions by US Cities: See a full compilation of the US Cities issuing ordinances to slow the densification of 4/5G Antennas at this link USA Cities on 5G Small Cells Action.
Increasing Awareness of 5G Health Effects Internationally
- Germany, BfS recommends careful 5G expansion, The Federal Office for Radiation Protection(BfS), 20/03/2019
- Germany, Germans petition Parliament to stop 5G auction on health grounds, TELECOMPAPER, 08/04/2019
- Malta, Brussels 5G scare sparks no action over Huawei in Malta, Malta Today, 12/04/2019Guernsey, Call to halt 5G technology in Guernsey due to health fears, itv News, 11/03/2019